- +370 678 40698
- Date of birth
2015-03-25 - currently
Remote Web Developer
Developing toptal.com platform using Ruby on Rails web framework. Mostly worked on implementing new features, but also did some refactorings, migrated whole platform from Rails 3.2 to 4.2.
2012-04-01 – 2015-03-20
Freelance Web Developer
Developing various web based applications using Ruby on Rails web framework. Mostly worked with single client though. Mostly worked on improving codebase, fixing bugs and implementing new features for the main component of their modular system. Also as per clients request rewrote one of their other components to modernize it and implemented some new components.
2009-04-01 - 2012-04-01
Developing various web based applications using Ruby on Rails web framework. Many of these were social games intended for various mobile devices and had hundreds of thousands users so I have quite a bit of experience in scalability. Most recently worked mostly with one page applications (think gmail) using various html5 technologies.
Vilnius University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
Software Engineering, BS
Gymnasium of J. Balčikonis
- Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, some experience with Oracle and DB2.
- git (advanced), subversion (basic)
- Ruby on Rails, jQuery, jQuery UI, Backbone.
- CSS, HTML, HTML5, SCSS, SASS, Less, Bootstrap.
- Amazon EC2 (some experience), Engine yard.
- Always write clean and maintainable code.
- Fixes over workarounds.
- Over 5 years of BDD. Do all my projects using it.
- Apply other agile methodologies (evolving architecture, continuous integration and etc.) as needed.
- RubyConfLT – speaker 5 times (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
- Developer of "Blueprints" open source fixture data solution.
- 2nd place in national olympiad in informatics in 2005 (also 3rd place in 2004 and 2003).